The Ohio Buckles Buckeye (OBB) Program
The OBB Program provides child safety seats and booster seats to eligible, low-income families in all Ohio counties. The overall goals of this program are to increase the availability of child safety seats for families who could not otherwise afford them and to increase the proper installation and use of child safety seats.
Eligible Morgan County residents can receive a free car seat through Morgan County Health Department (MCHD).
Requirements for the OBB Program
The Morgan County’s Car seat program is Back!
The program is being done on a virtual setting via Zoom!
You must meet the following requirements:
- Resident of Morgan County
- Custody of a child between birth to 8 years old or in the 8th month of your pregnancy.
- Eligible for WIC or Medicaid (must provide proof)
- Access to a laptop, tablet, or smart phone with internet/Wi-Fi connection.
- Ability to pick up car seat at the Morgan County Health Department, 4275 OH-376, McConnelsville, OH 43756
- To Register for the OBB Virtual Car Seat Class call 740-962-4572 and leave your name, address, phone number, email address, and child’s age/height/weight.
We will try our best to work with everyone. This is a new process to us and we are working hard to make sure the program is able to continue. Thank you all for your understanding and flexibility.
APP Technical Package on child passenger safety
Ohio Child Passenger Safety brochure
Ohio Passenger Safety Laws
Ohio WIC Program Eligibility
Ohio Car Seat Law
Children from birth until either 8 years or 4’9” must be in a car seat or booster seat used according to manufacturer’s instructions
Kids 8 up to 15 in a car seat, booster seat or a seat belt
Any vehicle equipped with seat belts at the time of manufacture
Fines of $25 and more plus possible jail time for a second offense
Drivers receive tickets not passengers
Hours of Operation!
Monday – Friday
8:00am – 4:00pm
4275 N State Route 376,
McConnelsville, Ohio 43756